Mr Sherif El-Tawil
I’m a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a specialist interest in knee and hip surgery. Having trained in some of the best orthopaedic units in the world (London, Sydney, Oxford).
- Specialist in Knee & Hip Surgery
- NHS: London North West University Healthcare Trust
- Private: Clementine Churchill Hospital, Harrow
- Super-specialist training in International Centres of Excellence (Sydney, Oxford, Birmingham)
- Experienced in modern & advanced techniques for best outcomes
- Multiple National & International Awards
- Author of multiple research articles
- Educational supervisor for orthopaedic trainees in North West London
- Graduated with multiple distinction in 2005. Completion of orthopaedic specialist training in 2015.
- Lead for Patient-related Outcome Measures
FRCS (Fellowship of The Royal College of Surgeons of England)
DHMSA (Diploma in the History of Medicine)
BSc (1st Class Hons)
Areas of Expertise
Mr El-Tawil is experienced in a range of knee and hip conditions, ranging from traumatic sports injuries in the young, to arthritis in the not-so-young, best path forward. Though he utilises the most modern and up-to-date techniques and implants, he firmly believes that the old approach of carefully listening to a patient’s history, comprehensive examination, and rapid investigation will always lead to an accurate diagnosis that can then be clearly and fully explained to the patient. All management options can then be explored and a shared decision-making process adopted to find the best path forward.
If surgery can be avoided, this is always the preference; if surgery is required, Mr El-Tawil is experienced in the most up-to-date techniques to preserve a patient’s own joint for the future, leaving joint replacement as the last resort.
What our patients say ...
- Meniscus tears
- ACL Rupture
- Cartilage defects
- Patella maltracking or dislocation
- Fractures & dislocations around the knee
- Fractures around the hip
- Knee arthroscopy (keyhole)
- Knee meniscal repair or debridement
- Knee cartilage preservation techniques
- Knee Injections (inc PRP)
- ACL Reconstruction
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement (including robotic-assisted)
- Revision Knee Replacement
- Patella stabilisation
- Total Hip Replacement
- Adult & Paediatric Fracture Fixation
- Complex lower limb trauma surgery
- Hip Fracture Fixation
- Fixation of fractures around hip & knee replacements